Saturday, February 28, 2009

Internet Celebrities

Ever since the internet was handed over to the common folk, there have been many instances of self-promotion through out the web. People have used earlier sites such as sixdegrees.com, to showcase their talents, skills, and personalities. When youtube.com came on to the scene there was an explosion of videos from people aching for attention. These videos would consist of any thing from amazing feats, to "vlogs" (video blog). Most of these videos have gone unnoticed, and unnappreciated, and rightly so. Some videos however, spread like wild fire, and even reached the national spot light. The people involved would inturn become an overnight celebrity for their amazing abilities, or just down right strange behaviors. Any regular internet user can probably tell you who the "numa numa guy" is, or explain to you the "evolution of dance". These videos may not share the same qualities, but both share the attention of one of the largest stages in the world. Here is a list of some popular internet celebrities that have intrigued the online public for the past decade...

2 comments:

  1. I had not seen any of those videos. Thanks for showing me what I have been missing in life. I will now spend more time on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people do put their videos on youtube.com, whether to get noticed or just to say they made a video that people all around the world can watch. One of my friends from high school was an instance of the “just to say they made a video” people. Whenever he made a video of anything and I mean anything it went on youtube and he encourage all of us to watch it.
    Of your list of videos, I have only heard of the Peanut Butter Jelly Time one. I do know a few famous videos though that I light; the one with the two small kids sitting in a chair together, I call it the Ouch Charley video. It is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete